The Heads' 2nd album, Tom Tom Club's next release

Wordy Rapping with Chris and Tina

The Heads' 2nd album, Tom Tom Club's next release

Postby capblackard on January 28th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Hey gang, I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Chris prior to the Jimmy Fallon performance. Being something of a media archeologist, and a huge fan of his work I started grilling him about the long lost 2nd heads album.

In short- It exists, they own the rights to it, the masters are sitting in the Clubhouse, and it might come out some day.

Chis also mention he and Tina are going in the studio for a more Latin-infused album, collaborating with some of the people who did the recent Genius remixes. He also said that he and Tina have a project in mind that's too moody and dark to be labeled Tom Tom Club.

Full audio interview here: http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/01/1 ... -tom-club/

And a write up in a recent article about long over-due albums: http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/01/2 ... -albums/3/
capblackard
Little Creature

Re: The Heads' 2nd album, Tom Tom Club's next release

Postby spshafer on January 31st, 2011, 7:49 pm

Oh yeah, that all sounds cool. Does anyone know whom else guested on the 2nd Heads album? I know that John Taylor was on one, but never really heard about any of the other tracks. Sweet.

Oops, I wish I would have read the interview and seen that is was predominately one guest artist. I will have to see what his voice sounds like. Any new releases would be welome to me.
spshafer
Little Creature

Re: The Heads' 2nd album, Tom Tom Club's next release

Postby fredd2332 on July 7th, 2011, 3:54 am

How the heck did I miss this post? I've been dying to hear the 2nd Heads album. A new TTC album in the works...can't wait. And a darker project from Chris and Tina...awesome.
fredd2332
Ruby Dear

Return to TOM TOM CLUB