TTC on Tour!

Wordy Rapping with Chris and Tina

TTC on Tour!

Postby cyberyukon on June 7th, 2011, 3:18 pm

The band did such a knock-down, kick-butt job last year I can't imagine how great they will be this year. After the Los Angeles show last October I heard from more and more people who attended, all raving about the gig. I'm sure they'll be burning down some houses this summer. Anyone here get a chance to see them report back and share your experiences!
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Re: TTC on Tour!

Postby Mr.DRC on June 8th, 2011, 12:52 pm

MID asap (July 19 actually) 8-)

Don
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby francey on June 13th, 2011, 6:38 am

July 15+ 16 London
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby wupot on June 18th, 2011, 10:36 pm

TTC with the GoGos in Atlanta 8/9
wupot
Bob / Judy

Postby Chance_Mountain on June 21st, 2011, 3:08 am

Things go better for me when I see Tom Tom Club on tour. I saw them in Ridgefield, CT this June. I made friends for the moment with the people there. I like this aspect of attending a performance.
Chance_Mountain
Little Creature

Postby iRene on July 6th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Who else is going to the Birmingham show? If all goes to plan, at least three board members will be there!
:breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance:
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
iRene
Papa Legba

Postby Rich&Serayna on July 15th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Was at the gig in Cardiff last night and I have to say it was one of the best gigs I've been to in many a year,it was a quality performance from a band who you could see were enjoying it and it's left me begging for more!They played for what seemed like ages (over 90 mins) and had the crowd dancing the whole night with their funky beats,rhythms and lyrics. It's just a shame there were so few people to enjoy it but it just made it that little bit more personal and special for the 100 odd lucky souls that were there!
The music sounded just as fresh as when Genius of Love first came out and the setlist was everything you could ask for and more! I won't spoil it for anyone who's going to the the upcoming shows but the 2 Talking Heads tracks at the end were one of the many highlights of the night!
Thank you Tom Tom Club you've made a 43 year old man very happy! :D
P.S Please come back to the UK very soon...
Rich&Serayna
Little Creature

Postby iRene on July 20th, 2011, 9:57 pm

DAMN! They were good!
iRene
Papa Legba

Postby iRene on July 22nd, 2011, 10:40 pm

iRene
Papa Legba

Postby jd23 on August 3rd, 2011, 9:34 pm

Saw TTC play Dublin, a delight to watch from start to finish. The crowd really popped for Don't Say No, which is one of my favourites too. But Suboceana gave me goosebumps. Great job!! :biere:
jd23
Ruby Dear

Postby Chance_Mountain on November 28th, 2011, 9:42 am

cyberyukon wrote:The band did such a knock-down, kick-butt job last year I can't imagine how great they will be this year. After the Los Angeles show last October I heard from more and more people who attended, all raving about the gig. I'm sure they'll be burning down some houses this summer. Anyone here get a chance to see them report back and share your experiences!

When I saw Tom Tom Club perform a few years back, at Stage One of the Fairfield Theater Company, Tina made the remark, to an audience quivering in anticipation, that she and Victoria were kindred spirits. I wanted to find out the truth of this matter. The first obvious clue was the way Victoria was dressed. She had on the layered gown look -- with an angled hem cut full length slip on top. Could kooky, or downhome, be the common thread? For the moment I just chalked up the stated similarity to a shared New York City experience, sympathy, or awareness.

I realize that Victoria keeps her body in very good physical shape. When I read that Tina had been a cheerleader athlete in high school the similarity clicked a little further.

The latest show I saw, on Friday 7 October 2011, in Westbury on Long Island, NY, demonstrated this connection. I was really impressed. I have seen Rock n Roll tumbler acts. I saw Jethro Tull, in their hey-day, perform at a drama theater. Their bass player was able to rise in the air at will and fit his theatrics casually into the music. The guitars made full length, theatrical lunges, that showed off their troubadour dress to advantage, along the stage wings that projected out among the audience. Tina and Victoria brought this athletic approach to performing to Westbury this year. I have never enjoyed watching such theatrics before! Victoria was playing the guitar like a pro and taking over almost half of the lead singing. When Tina and Victoria went into a Neil Young style guitar dance jam together, combined with rather limber female gyrations, dance steps, freaks, jokes, and choreography, I was in seventh heaven! It made me wonder, when we see Jerry Harrison and David Byrne dance a jam guitar duet off of each other in the opening acts of the 1984 movie "Stop Making Sense," if such a subtle, tempered performance is just the tip of a well of orchestration "iceberg," and what it would be like to watch such people, who visibly love performing, go on in such an eye pleasing womanner for as long as they felt like it.
Chance_Mountain
Little Creature

Return to TOM TOM CLUB