The Heads 2nd Album

Wordy Rapping with Chris and Tina

The Heads 2nd Album

Postby spshafer on July 27th, 2009, 12:44 pm

I was just reading the liner notes in the new 2xCD set and didn't know that there was a 2nd unreleased Heads album sitting in the vaults. I wonder if there were any guest singers like on the 1st album? Anyone have any additional information about this? I loved the first Heads album so much and would love to know more. It would be nice if this unreleased gem could be released and get the deluxe treatment along with a remastered first Heads album, now that would be sweet!
spshafer
Little Creature

Re: The Heads 2nd Album

Postby francey on July 27th, 2009, 9:12 pm

I was very surpried to read about a 2nd Heads album as well... Only non-first-Heads-album song I know is "There are Lots and Lots of Ants", which made it to a promo compilation of RadioActiveRecords. I tihnk it has John Tayler of Duran Duran singing and lyrics by the artist Egan F. not sure if it's from this 2nd album, or a left-over from the first one.
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby spshafer on July 28th, 2009, 12:08 pm

Oh wow, I didn't even know that was around. Time to start searching! Is it good?
spshafer
Little Creature

Postby spshafer on July 29th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Naturally, I tried EIL.com, Gemm and some other outlets and no luck on that song. Any suggestions? Thanks y'all.
spshafer
Little Creature

Postby francey on July 29th, 2009, 10:41 pm

I can't find the CD and I don't remember the title... radio active records' site doesn't mention it either... if fact, no site seems to mention it (not even Duran Duran sites...) I've got it somewhere on a sidk though... will dig deeper. It's a very nice song (have it on the iPod, too...)
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby spshafer on July 30th, 2009, 1:42 pm

Please let me know if we can work out some sort of deal! :)

I would love to hear. The Heads album is one of my all time favorites. I did see a mention of it on a John Taylor website, but had no luck finding it anywhere else.
spshafer
Little Creature

Return to TOM TOM CLUB