This Week’s Spotting of DB

Rock's Renaissance Man

This Week’s Spotting of DB

Postby thick as a Brick on November 28th, 2015, 9:53 am

2008 clip getting some new play this week.

http://www.wimp.com/david-bryne-rigged- ... nstrument/
thick as a Brick
Radio Head

Re: This Week’s Spotting of DB

Postby wupot on December 7th, 2015, 12:50 am

There is a show on the national geographic channel called startalk. Tonights episode features DB. Not sure what startalk is about.
wupot
Bob / Judy

Postby cyberyukon on December 29th, 2015, 6:56 am

He's been a bit invisible lately...
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby thick as a Brick on August 18th, 2017, 8:08 am

thick as a Brick
Radio Head

Postby thick as a Brick on October 30th, 2017, 7:48 am

O/T comment on a political blog, a shout-out for Thelonious Monk on the recent centenary of his birth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_40V2lcxM7k

Worriedman replies:
I read an interview with David Byrne, probably sometime in the mid-90s where the interviewer was asking about where he first developed his interest in World Music. David talked about how he was interested in all kinds of music from a very early age. He talked about all those records in bins in the periodical room at the library and how he started listening to everything there in grade school. So I read that and David Byrne is automatically my biggest hero because I did the same thing! I remember having to get one of those little rolling stools so I could stand up tall enough to reach the records at the back of the bins. Even though the records were kind of beat up, the covers were dogeared and some of the records themselves were frankly too scratched to really play, I think I listened to every single one of them. The records were well used but you know, I never saw anyone else listen to them. I always wondered, who else was listening to those records? 40 some odd years later I start hanging out here and now I know.
I got to say though, whichever one of you bastards put. that big scratch in side two of Disraeli Gears can burn in hell .
thick as a Brick
Radio Head

Return to DAVID BYRNE